Sunday, January 28, 2007

After Delhi

Now that I have had time to think on it I thought I would tell you more of my trip to India. there is so much that I wish I could say but so much that is in hy heart that words would not be able to describe. Anyway after Delhi we boarded a train and traveled to a bible collage. the things that I heard there were so encouraging and they put my faith to shame. I heard the testimonies of some of the young girls that were studying there some not any older than me and yet they had been threatened with death for their faith in Christ. they had been driven out of their unbelieving homes and were shunned by their families, friends and entire villages, yet they stood strong for the because of Christ. how little any of my trials seemed. how minute any of my troubles that I had faced on behalf that I was a Christian. I realized what a privilege it was that I could talk to my parents about anything, my faith, my life and they would listen and help me in any way they could. It struck my for the first time in my life what an amazing privilege it was to have Godly parents that guide me from things and urge me to seek out Gods will in everything. I had disliked so many times that they had told me no on issues and wouldn't let me do things that I had wanted to while I lived at home and now looking back I was so glad that my parents were there for me all those times. I couldn't imagine not being able to talk to my siblings whenever I wanted or to watch my niece grow old but that is what these girls in India sacrifice so that they can fallow the call that God has placed on their life. being able to talk to them and really spend time with them was such a blessing for me in so many different ways. I hope that one day perhaps, God willing, I will be able to talk to these girls again but until that time I will pray for them and I ask you to do the same. Pray for all the young Christians in India and ask God to give them strength through everything and in every situation to stand strong.

3 comments:

PacaScrat said...

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the trip :)

Rachel said...

It's so good to have you back, and I enjoyed reading some of your reflections on India!

ams said...

you have a really neat and i-need-to-learn-from perspective about your trip! :) amy