What struck me was the reverence that they had for what they believed. Most Christians here in America have a hard time getting on their knees in reverence to God yet over there they would bow their faces to the ground till their foreheads touched the ground to show their respect.
I thought to myself, “ Why am I so lenient about what I believe? Why don’t I show such respect for the God whom I worship?” One word came to mind as I mulled over these questions...pride. I as an American have so much pride instilled in me since birth. I feel that I am above such humbling expressions. I have the right to stand tall. I have the right to believe what I believe and to do it in any manner that I please. In essence what I realized I had been telling myself for so long was I have the right to not revere God by humbling myself with outward actions. That conclusion brought me to yet another question. If I know I worship the true and living God how much more should I yearn to worship and revere Him with everything that I do and in every action? They worship with everything they have in them. They bow down to the earth in reverence of their god. Why won’t I do the same for Christ? 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just wanted to say Hi ... hope you're having a blessed week!
Rachel :)
that's all so true! i bet that's why God has used lots of people for His work that AREN'T from America. thankfully, He doesn't just leave us hanging! :) ~amy
Post a Comment